Monday, August 23, 2010

JULY

July 2, 2010, this is the day I turned 29 years old! Also I had my big doctors appt to see if we could see Baby A's sex. BJ was meeting me at the appointment. I drank some lemonade and a huge bottle of water. I HAD TO PEE SO BAD!!! BJ was not there when they called me in and they got started right away. Before BJ could get there, the tech had the sex of Baby A and so badly wanted to show me because she had a clear picture. So I said what the HELL its my birthday, she told me IT WAS A................. GIRL! I started to cry... I told her I am having a HARPER LAINE:) I was overjoyed to be having one of each. BJ walked in a second later and we kept him in the dark for a about 15 minutes. Harper did not go back into position so I ended up telling him we were having a GIRL! Just Baby A's ultrasound took forever... I had to pee like a race horse, she was moving everywhere and kept kicking my bladder! Finally after over 30 minutes of holding my pee I got to go to the bathroom. Then we got to look around at Baby B for a while... He looked awesome and was so calm and relaxed! We got a great picture of his profile. He looks pretty cute:) It was a great day... so glad I got to experience that on the big 29!

We had date night on Saturday night for my birthday weekend and saw Twilight Eclipse and had Dinner. On the 4th of July, we brought Helena to see Toy Story 3! She had such an awesome time, but DEAR PIXAR... 7 previews before a kids movie is TOO MUCH! Bring on the movie already! It was her first kid movie in the theater and she loved it and did a really good job!

So the rest of our month was our family vacation to the East Coast. BIG THING... Helena got her first pedicure with MOMMY!!! We left on July 15th, it was a red eye... BJ and I did not sleep, however Helena did right until we landed for our layover in ATLANTA... that is a HUG airport and we had to TREK across it! We got some breakfast and then headed to our gate. We got on the next flight and BJ and Helena both took a little nap! We made it to the Philly Airport just fine and headed to BJs moms for some much need R and R! Helena stayed awake for a few hours and then we headed upstairs were we watched the portable dvd player and both passed out for 5 hours!!! Helena got her first haircut ... not as traumatic as I thought it would be, but there were tears! Good thing her Mimi did it!

That weekend we were off to Ocean City NJ... Mimi had rented a beach house. We all were there for a week. The house was full, MIMI,Buddy, Auntie Nicki, Uncle Ian, Cousins Taylor and Evan. It was a great big house we all had great space! Helena slept on a twin mattress in our room and did really well! The week was full of beach days, nights at the boardwalk, ice cream, rides, good food, and great company. We had so much fun! Helena did develop the worst diaper rash she has ever had... we ended up treating it like a yeast infection. There were lots of sand castles and trenches built, also some good naps on the beach! Helena loved playing in the water... it was so warm and refreshing! The weather was HOT, which lead me to swell a little and there was night which I had some serious braxton hicks, and later my belly looked different, so I am guessing that the babies changed positions. We had a great trip, Helena loved playing with her cousins, she was afraid of Evan... AKA BEAST... he would come toward her and she would jump up on the couch or into your arms. She also loved playing games with Taylor, they played Hullaboo and Elefun! Helena loved them... I am going to have to get games this year for Christmas!!! We made it home safe to find our house FILLED with cat hair! BJ and I cleaned for 45 minutes and then relaxed the rest of the day!

By the end of July, BJ and I did find a house... and applied... that leads us to AUGUST......

No comments:

Post a Comment