Monday, August 23, 2010

The rest of June

Well the last time I updated was right before my trip to MINNESOTA.... We know what one of the babies was not both.... and we were dealing with a super fun 22 month old:)

Minnesota.... The trip started off on a Thursday, I went to work for 1/2 day got home and off to the airport we went! This is the first trip I had brought anything to check at the gate and it was not to bad... I am glad I had the stroller.... Carrying Helena and a giant belly does not work in an airport. BJ came home to take us to the airport and also brought us in to make sure we got situated.... We get to the counter and the plane is VERY VERY FULL.... only middle seats available.... this is not ideal for a 18 week pregnant lady with a toddler on her lap..... so BJ FORCED us to upgrade to first:) HE HE.... I really did not plan for this, but I booked this trip and the east coast trip at the same time! And reserved seats for the East Coast trip not MINNESOTA... OOOOPS! So Helena and I rode 1st class... we got a row to ourselves and she got her own seat in 1st... this is a big deal so much room for us both. In a matter of minutes Helena was pants less on the plane... She is always soaking thru her diaper and of course the wonderful forgetful mother I am forgot to pack and extra outfit! Helena did awesome on the plane, portable DVD players are amazing! She never cried and was the only kid in 1st and all the other passengers in 1st complimented her on being such a BIG GIRL :)

The trip to Minnesota was great and a little hot. Helena ended up running a fever for a few days so I did not get to see and do as much as I wanted but all in all we had lots of fun. She got to go the park, play with friends, swim NAKED in the backyard in her very own pool! Grammies also put up a swing in the yard and she LOVED that! We spent time with Robyn and her girls... Helena and Auriana switched rolls this time... last time we say them Auriana was smothering Helena with Hugs and Kisses and Helena wanted nothing to do with it... this time Helena was to be on top of her... hugging her, kissing her, tickling her.... Auriana was not so sure, but the last day they bonded at the park going down the tunnel slide and also found that they both had a love for SWINGING. We took the girls to my dads band concert... this is not a rock band, it is a community band, he plays trombone, Helena was dancing for an hour straight! She loved it... we also got to celebrate Kaposia Days, which is So St Pauls yearly celebration, Helena won lots of prizes at the kiddie carnival and she got a button!!!

I also headed to Iowa with my dad to see my friend Jaime for the day and her new little bundle of joy Lincoln... he is such a cutie. It was very nice to see them! Glad we made it down there:)

So again all and all a good trip... also started to get a few things for Baby Boy.... got to love buying clothes and it is tax free!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment