Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5th, 2009


I have not written for a few weeks.... we have just been busy lot to update though!!!
Helena has both of her bottom teeth and has been battling the top teeth for the last couple of weeks. I actually took her to the dr's since she has not been herself and she has not been sleeping at all naps or at night:( She now weighs 18lbs 2 ozs and 26 inches! I can not believe it! It will be really interesting to see how much she grows in 2 weeks, we have to go back for shots! She does not have an ear infection like we thought, she is just teething!
Helena is now rolling over often and really loving to be on her belly. We have been practicing getting up on all fours and she is doing a really good job at scooting backwards. We also got her a big purple ball and she loves kneeling by that, playing soccer and volleyball! It is so much fun how interactive she is with all her toys!
We have had my mom her for a week, it was nice to go out as a couple for sushi and a movie.... 4 whole hours with out Helena... we did really well and did not even talk about her until the last 20 minutes! Adult conversation.... who knew we had it in us! We had a great time out on our actual anniversary my mom made us AMAZING lasagna, BJ came home early and we just spent time as a family.
Helena is doing really well eating her solids, she loves green beans and peaches. I am making her food however am not having that much success doing the veggies:( I am making plums, peaches, and carrots. I have also been giving her bananas in her oatmeal in the morning. She LOVES it! She is just a ham when you talk to her and sing songs. We have songs for almost everything we do. I am hoping to get our Greenbean song on video.... she was laughing so hard by the time we thought of video taping it was over!
We also got Helena a new carseat! Since she is almost 20 lbs the carrier was getting a little confining! So she has been upgraded and she loves it! She never fusses or cries anymore in the car... THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! It is nice to have a happy baby when driving.
One big thing is that Helena got to go to the park this week with me and grammies... this was an adventure. As normal Helena had a HUGE blow out! This is a daily occurance.... we are keeping oxi-clean in business and carters as well since we go thru 2-3 outfits aday! So at the park we had to strip Helena down in the grass... which she LOVED! She just talked and talked to the trees
...( did I mention from the time this little girl wakes up she does not stop talking... I am pretty sure since I read all of BJ's report cards that she may get it from him and maybe a little from me!!!) So she got to experience her toes in the grass for the first time! She loved it! And she also got to swing which she likes and at the same time is totally afraid! She makes this crazy face and then smiles like oh that is not that bad!
Over all Helena is growing up! I knew this was going to happen and it is just truly amazing to watch her grow and learn each and everyday! I feel so lucky that I get to be home with her and help her develop! She is just turning out to be such an amazing little person with such a big personality! More to come! Don't forget to check flickr there are lots of new pictures!
www.flickr.com/photos/bjcook

No comments:

Post a Comment