Monday, December 29, 2008

Birth Announcement HELENA JAMES COOK


Birth Announcement
HELENA JAMES COOK
Helena James was born August 11th, 2008 at 8:36 am at Mary Birch Hospital. We had to have a scheduled c-section due to Miss Helena being breech. Having a scheduled c-section has its perks... since I am a planner I got to know exactly when she was going to be here, however the nerves and my heartrate were soaring. BJ and I arrived at the hospital at 6:30am and we were in the operating room by 8:15am. From what BJ tells me when they brought him in they had already started and I was cut open... thanks for tell me you started Dr O'Hara!!! Dr Farrel was the best... he gave me all the fantastic drugs, that worked in less then 5 seconds. BJ was sitting next to me for less then 5 minutes before Dr. O'Hara asked me how I was feeling and if I could feel anything... I responded I was good and he said great we are almost finished. In my head I was thinking WHAT!!! It felt like literally seconds had passed and then the nurse was yelling here comes her butt, BJ get your camera and then she was over the curtain... my response was "Where is all of her hair???" I had horrible heartburn and to me that was the only reason why I should have been so miserable. She did have a lot of strawberry blonde hair, I just could not tell due to my drugged stupper. By 9:05am I was in recovery and by 9:15am I was holding my daughter for the first time. What an amazing experience. It was UNREAL!!! I still can not believe that she is part me and part my incredible husband!!! I stared at her and tried to figure out who she looked like. I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I am the mother to this beautiful little girl. Let the Journey begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment